Call Us


DuPage County Employment Visas Attorney

DuPage County employment-based immigration attorney

Oakbrook Terrace Lawyers for All Types of Employment-Based Visas in DuPage County and Cook County

Foreign citizens who are looking to come to the United States may have a number of options for immigration. Multiple types of visas are available, and in some cases, a person may receive a visa through sponsorship from an employer in the U.S. However, both the intended immigrant and their employer will need to meet a variety of requirements when applying for employment-based visas, and errors made during this process may affect a person's ability to enter or remain in the United States. To avoid problems during the immigration process, employers and employees can work with an attorney who has a strong understanding of the applicable laws, the procedures followed by immigration officials, and the steps that can be taken to resolve any issues that may arise.

The lawyers of Farooqi & Husain Law Office have assisted numerous clients with multiple types of complex immigration issues. We regularly work with U.S. citizens and Green Card holders to file family-based visa petitions, and we also help immigrants complete the naturalization process so that they can attain U.S. citizenship. With our knowledge of immigration laws and our experience addressing matters in immigration courts, we can help ensure that you will be able to apply for and receive a work-based visa.

EB Visas for Permanent Workers

For those who wish to live permanently in the United States, EB visas may be available, although applicants will need to meet certain requirements based on their education, skills, and experience, and they will usually need to receive sponsorship from a U.S. employer. There are five categories of EB visas, each with its own set of requirements. Since there are only around 140,000 EB visas that can be issued each year, visas are issued according to an order of preference. The categories of EB visas are:

  • First preference: EB-1 visas - These visas are for people who are considered to have extraordinary abilities in their field. This could be demonstrated through awards or acclaim in the arts, sciences, business, or athletics. Some professors or researchers who have been internationally recognized for exceptional achievements may also receive these types of visas, and certain types of executives and managers who work in a multinational capacity may also qualify.
  • Second preference: EB-2 visas - These visas are for people who are professionals holding an advanced degree or its equivalent. To qualify, an applicant must have a bachelor's degree plus five years of progressive experience in their field. People with exceptional abilities in science, the arts, or business may also qualify.
  • Third preference: EB-3 visas - These visas are for skilled workers, professionals, and unskilled workers. To qualify as a skilled worker, an applicant must have at least two years of training or experience in their field. Professionals must hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. Unskilled workers typically perform jobs that require less than two years of training or experience. These types of visas will usually only be available in situations where qualified workers are not already available in the U.S.
  • Fourth preference: EB-4 visas - These visas are for religious workers and some types of special immigrant workers. To qualify as a religious worker, an applicant must have been a member of a religious denomination for at least two years, and they must be coming to the U.S. to work in a religious capacity. Special immigrant workers include certain broadcasters, Iraqi and Afghan translators, and people who were employed by the U.S. government in Iraq or Afghanistan.
  • Fifth preference: EB-5 visas - These visas are for investors who are willing to make a significant investment in a U.S. business. To qualify, an applicant must invest at least $1,050,000 (or $800,000 in certain areas or for infrastructure projects) in a business that will create at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers.

Temporary Employment-Based Visas

There are also a few other employment-based visas that may be available in specific circumstances, such as the E visa for treaty traders and investors, the H-1B visa for people with specialized skills or knowledge, and the L-1 visa for executives and managers of multinational companies. These visas will only allow a person to remain in the U.S. for a limited time, although extensions may be available in certain situations.

Contact Our Oakbrook Terrace Employment-Based Visa Lawyers

If you are looking to apply for an employment-based visa, or if you are an employer who is planning to sponsor a foreign employee for immigration, our attorneys can help. We have a deep understanding of the various types of employment-based visas, and we can help you determine which one is right for you. We can also handle all of the paperwork and ensure that your application is filed correctly so that you have the best chance of success. Contact us today at 630-909-9114 to schedule a consultation. We represent clients in DuPage County, Cook County, Will County, and Kane County.

Contact Us

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Full Name *
Email *
Phone *
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Back to Top