Oak Brook Felony Criminal Defense Lawyers
Experienced Felony Defense Attorneys in Elmhurst, Hinsdale, and DuPage County
If you are convicted of a felony, the ripple effect is substantial. From the moment that you are taken into custody for questioning it is imperative that you retain the counsel of a respected criminal defense attorney. Farooqi & Husain Law Office has extensive experience in felony defense. Our skilled DuPage County criminal defense lawyers are adept at representing men and women who face a wide spectrum of serious crimes.
Felony convictions can often impact future employment opportunities, your right to vote, and even threaten your freedom. When we take on your case, we will work diligently to ensure that your rights were not violated at any time during the arrest, questioning, or intake process.
Helping Clients Understand Felonies
A felony is a crime punishable by death or and extended sentence in a state of federal prison. Not including first-degree murder, there are five classes of felonies in Illinois. This chart explains some of the penalties and examples of various types of felonies:
- Class X Felony - Punishable by 6 to 30 years in prison, but time may be extended to up to 60 years. Fines up to $25,000. Examples include: aggravated battery with a firearm, armed robbery, home invasion, and possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
- Class 1 Felony - Punishable by 4 to 15 years in prison, but may be extended to a 15 to 30 year sentence. Fines up to $25,000. Examples include: sexual assault and possession of heroin, cocaine or LSD.
- Class 2 Felony - Punishable by 3 to 7 years in prison. Fines up to $25,000. Examples include arson and theft from $2,000 to $10,000.
- Class 3 Felony - Punishable by 2 to 5 years in prison. Fines up to $25,000. Examples include aggravated battery and theft between $300 and $2,000.
- Class 4 Felony - Punishable by 1 to 3 years in prison. Fines up to $25,000. Examples include aggravated assault and stalking.
Class 4 felonies represent the least severe of felony offenses, but they are still serious crimes. When we speak with you or your loved one about what they are facing we will provide a clear picture of what to expect. We have experience defending clients in DuPage County and can guide you toward the best possible outcome for your situation.
Farooqi & Husain Law Office has proven experience handling complex felony cases. Our approach to criminal defense includes an unwavering commitment to seek justice for the accused. Your future is at stake; choose the right DuPage County criminal law attorney today to have better opportunities tomorrow.
Experienced Criminal Defense in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
If you or a loved one is facing felony charges, contact our criminal defense team right away. We will discuss the details of your matter and ensure you rights are protected. Call 630-909-9114 today so that we may assess the details of your situation and begin advising you on the next steps. We serve DuPage County, Cook County, and throughout Northern Illinois.